Thursday, March 6, 2014

Tulip Vase

I do not remember when I learnt about tulip vases, but I wanted one for years and years and years...  Tulip vases were first manufactured in the Netherlands in the 17th century in the form of Delft blauw.  Nowadays, we could only find those in art museums.  I came across the below three years ago at Peabody Essex Museum in Salem, MA.

 
Every now and then, I looked for one that I could afford, but needless to say, they were so expensive because of their historical value.  I quickly learnt that I was expected to spend at least $5,000. 
 
The other day, my inner soothsayer whispered me, "You shall find what you have been looking for long enough.  The tulip season has just begun.  Hint, hint."  And I found one and got it from Mystic Lily in MN through Etsy.
 




It is not Dutch but Italian.  It is not an antique but a vintage piece.  Although I feel the spouts are too few (only eight), I love it.  I cannot believe I own one.

No comments:

Post a Comment